- Name: Whole Food Farmacy
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Wholefood Farmacy makes eating healthy easy, convenient and affordable. We offer pure, nutrient-dense, ready-to-eat, whole food meals, snacks, soups, smoothie mixes and treats for the children. All of our foods are vegetarian, most are raw and vegan as well. We also offer many gluten-free and nut-free whole food choices for those with food sensitivities - see our FAQ section of the Whole Food Farmacy Website for more information.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Information Alert No. 1
Dr. Laibow's Health Freedom Blog has a new entry on a new salvo in the attack on your nutrients. Visit http://blog.healthfreedomusa.org/ to read this up to the minute information now.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Let's Talk About Money
A Funny Thing Happened on the
Way to CCFL
Just before our astounding win at the Codex Committee on Food Labeling (CCFL) in Ottawa last week, I was in Kansas City, MO at a meeting of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. While there I spoke with one of the exhibitors who makes very high quality nutrients used by doctors like me.
About 18 months ago I informed him about the Codex threat to his business and his health. He said, "If you can convince me that Codex is real, I will support what you are doing." When I saw him in KC I asked if the materials I had sent him had convinced him that the threat was real. He allowed as how he now understood that Codex was the threat I said it was. Did he think our efforts were taking us in the right direction? Yes, he liked and admired what we are doing. "So why haven't we seen your support?" I asked him.
His reply was most instructive. He said, "Well, frankly, I think what you are doing is exactly right but when you ask for money it turns me off." I then asked him if he had any idea of the cost of doing what he likes so well. He said, "Yes, it must cost a bundle!" as indeed it does.
"Where do you propose that the money come from?" I asked. He is a successful business man so his answer astonished me: "I don't know and I don't really want to be bothered with that aspect. But I like what you are doing: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!"
So here is the deal: in a fairy tale world that's fine. In the real world it doesn't cut the mustard. If you like what we are doing, if your high potency supplements, clean, unadulterated food, and meaningful health freedom are important to you, then this is your battle. And if it's your battle, we need your help. It's that simple.
If you have already donated generously, we thank you. If you are like the gentleman above, please think again. Fairy tale thinking in a real world battle just does not win.
We are planning a trip to India, China and Thailand in Asia where we have appointments being made at the very highest levels of decision making to bring our strategy forward and gain powerful allies.
We have been invited back to talk with African decision makers whom we met with before and invited to several countries where we have not been yet to discuss our international strategy.
We are working in the US to strengthen pro-health consumer protection forces inside and outside of Congress.
Our 2006 budget for these activities is $200,000. So far we have raised $16,450. You do the math. If you like the results we are achieving (and they are unprecedented) won't you take the following steps:
1. Make a generous tax deductible donation (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/donate.shtml). How about a recurring donation? Either way, please do your share to support the most effective pro-health initiative ever in Codex history!
2. Purchase your snacks, personal care items, and other household necessities from our support site, www.EatSafeEatSmart.com, where every item is GMO free, organic (or better) and the Natural Solutions Foundation receives a portion of each sale. You buy toothpaste and chocolate anyway: why not make sure they are organic and support your favorite health freedom activists: the Natural Solutions Foundation.
Help us with the heavy lifting, won't you?
Yours in health and freedom,
Rima E. Laibow, MD
Monday, May 08, 2006
I AM NOT A TECHIE!
I am many things, but a successful techie is not one of them. So when General Stubblebine was writing his uplifting message yesterday on the
Unfortunately, my modification did not work and our webmaster wrote (in some pain, I suspect) that he had created a link that I should use to refer people to where they could find what they needed to link to www.HealthFreedomUSA.org since the link I had provided was, and I quote, "A little funky". That is our webmasters gentle term for something much, much more colorful.
So, to avoid the funky thing I inadvertently
sent to you, here is the link you need to get to a link that lets you link to www.HealthFreedomUSA.org .
If you would like us to link to yours, let us know by writing to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your patience.
Yours in health, embarassment and freedom,
Rima E. Laibow, MD
Natural Solutions Foundation
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Ottawa Beachhead Secured
Health Freedom Establishes
1. an area in hostile territory which has been captured and is held awaiting further troops and supplies
2. an initial accomplishment which opens the way for further developments
Who Says You Cannot Change Codex from Inside Codex?
We Just Did!
The Codex Committee on Food Labeling (CCFL) is one of two Codex committees which were tasked with determining how Codex will implement the World Health Organization Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Exercise and Health (WHOGS) (Codex Alimentarius Commission [CAC], July 4-9, 2005) prior to the upcoming CAC meeting (Geneva, Switzerland, July 3-8, 2006). The other one was the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Food for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU).
CCNFSDU met last November but Dr. Rolf Grossklaus, its Chairman, refused to allow any meaningful discussion of the topic, leaving the field open to CCFL to provide the only input at CAC this coming July.
The Natural Solutions Foundation was in Ottawa, Canada for CCFL (May 1-5, 2006). South Africa's Antoinette Booyzen, with our support and input, fought enegetically and succeeded in securing the most potent pro-health position our side has ever had in Codex, despite US opposition: the Ottawa Beachhead:
In line with the WHOGS, Codex is now directed to implement the following principles:
1. Nutrients are not toxins.
2. Nutrients are generally safe and sold as "dietary supplements" including optimum potency levels, throughout the world;
3. All trans fats derived from industrial sources should be eliminated from the food supply
4. Industrial toxins should be eliminated from the food supply.
5. Enrichment of foods through dietary supplements should be encouraged to optimize nutrient density of foods and compensate for the decline in micronutrients in agricultural produce
6. Development of national and international policies which enhance local, national, regional and global optimal nutrition through life-style modification (including diet), fortification and supplementation with dietary supplements at all levels, including optimum potency levels should be encouraged
7. Healthy life styles and life style choices, including diet and supplementation should be encouraged
8. Foods that do not contribute to, which conflict with or are not essential for, a healthy lifestyle ("junk food") should be identified and discouraged. Nutrition and health claims in labeling and advertising for those foods that do contribute to a healthy life-style should be encouraged while nutrition and health claims for foods which do not contribute to a healthy life styles should be banned in order to encourage health-supporting foods and discourage ones that do not support health
9. Encourage truthful, full and accurate labeling and advertising on all foods which contribute to health and ban advertising and health claims on those that do not
10. Advertising of junk food to children (birth to 18 years) should be banned
11. Require that the Chairpersons of Codex Committee on Food Labeling (CCFL) and Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU) report to the Codex Alimentarius Commission every other year on the status of the implementation of the WHO/FAO GLOBAL STRATEGY ON DIET, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND HEALTH and items 1-10 listed above.
The next step is that the World Health Organization (WHO) and Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) will jointly summarize what happened at CCFL and present it for comment. The result will create the terrain for the Battle of Genva '06 at the Codex Alimentarius Commission (Geneva, CAC, July 3-7, 2006) when the other side will try to evade the WHO/FAO requirement to implement WHOGS. In the meantime, it is essential to build the strategic and tactical strength for these WHOGS principles in preparation to for extending Beachhead Ottawa to the critical Battle of Geneva '06.
While there is genuine cause for jubilation, should we fail to provide the troops and supplies needed to exploit the advantage that the Ottawa Beachhead gives us, our hard-won advance will become totally meaningless in the long run. Whether that happens depends upon what WE do and what YOU do.
The health freedom war is, in fact, a grass roots/grass tops insurgency. The Natural Solutions Foundation is reaching out to the grass tops by providing essential information and meeting with Congressional leaders, Ministers of Health, National Codex Committee members and other decision makers in the US and around the world.
We are working the grass tops.
YOU are in charge of the grass roots. You have a circle of influence. Recruit it.
Here's what you can do to set the grassroots growing so we can assure victory at the Battle of Geneva '06 and win the Health Freedom War:
- Disseminate these emails to your whole circle of influence (COI).
- Urge everyone tin your COI to sign participate in the war
- Arrange showings in your area
- Send it to your Congressmen/women
- Make sure your health food store/natural health professional/local coffee house/ food co-op, etc. sees Nutricide: the DVD and shares it with their COIs
- Bring a copy with you to leave with your Congressman/woman when you visit them
- Read it
- Send the link for download to your COI
- Bring a printout of the Codex eBook when you visit your Congressional member
Add the Natural Solutions Foundation link below to your site and urge your COI to do the same. (Remember to remove all eleven of the *' s which have been inserted below. That way the link work on your site)
Multiple links increase search engine ratings and help more people find Natural Solutions Foundation's accurate, up-to-the minute intelligence on the Codex battles and how they can help secure eventual health freedom victory
Participate in the Health Freedom Civic Campaign
- Sign the Citizens Petition (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/step3/petition-letter.shtml), a legal challenge to US harmonization with Codex pro-illness nutrient policies
- Urge everyone in your COI to sign the Citizens Petition (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/step3/petition-letter.shtml)
- Email the Citizen Petition link, http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/step3/petition-letter.shtml and urge your entire COI to sign it
- Write to Congress (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/step2.shtml) to tell them how important your health freedom is to you
Visit members of Congress when they are in their district offices (or in Washington, DC) with a group of friends. Give them a copy of Nutricide: the DVD and the Codex eBook. Tell them what is important to you.
Maintain the supply line. Wars cost money. The Health Freedom War is no different. Your tax deductible donation (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/action/donate.shtml) to the Natural Solutions Foundation is urgently required to finance this war. You know that airfare, hotels, meals, materials, office supplies, phone, etc. require real financial outlay. Give generously so we can fight effectively.
In military terms, it is called exploitation. This means that you put your essential forces and fire power on the enemy's weakness to expolit the breakthrough.
South Africa, the Natural Solutions Foundation and others have secured have secured the Ottawa Bridgehead. As in any beachhead operation, securing the perimeter of the beachhead provides freedom of movement to bring in essential suppliess, additional forces to continue and extend the attack, create a breakthrough and expolit the opportunity.
You are an essential soldier in this war. Every soldier is a precious asset.
It is up to YOU to keep this incredible and absolutley unprecedented opportunity moving forward: to keep Health Freedom from loosing the most powerful position Health Freedom has ever achieved in Codex and to expolit it for future gains.
JOIN, SUPPORT, ACTIVATE as we take prepare to win the Battle of Geneva '06!
Yours in health and freedom,
Major General Albert N. Stubblebine III
(US Army, Ret.)
Natural Solutions Foundation
Friday, May 05, 2006
Great News About Codex!
Then Let's Get Ready for a Real Battle!
Health advocates gained a huge advantage this week at the Codex Committee on Food Labeling (CCFL) when the mandated implementation pro-health, pro-nutrition World Health Organization (WHO) Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health (GS) was put in place. This pro-health, pro-nutrition stance is unprecedented within Codex.
Next, CCFL's recommendations will be presented to the Codex Commission (Geneva, Switzerland, July 3-7, 2006). Since WHO mandated Codex implement the GS, the principles laid down this week are immensely important because they set the stage for health forces to have an impact they have not been able to exert before. Click here to read how it happened (http://prweb.com/releases/2006/5/prweb381188.htm).
Because of the courageous South African delegate, Ms. Antoinette Booyzen, a group of pro-health principles will become part of Codex. Of course, this powerful advance was opposed by the US which declared its opposition to optimal health and its endorsement of advertising junk food to children! It was not a proud moment.
Will the other side just lie down and go away? Of course not. There's too much at stake. But now is the time for us to marshal our forces, lay our strategy and get our ducks in a row. Click here (http://blog.healthfreedomusa.org/ ) for important steps you can take now to help get us ready for the next phase of this battle.
Yours in health and freedom,
Rima E. Laibow, MD